Does your idea of a great holiday involve spending time around horses, learning new skills and riding in the sunshine?
If you are traveling on a shoe string & don’t mind pitching in then a working holiday is a good budget option. On our working holidays you will be involved with day to day activities at the riding centre. As well as meeting new people, experiencing Spanish culture and caring for our horses you will receive a guaranteed five or ten hours per week riding time (depending on which option you choose). How you spend your time in the saddle is up to you & we are flexible. You can take lessons with an instructor in our arena, learn something new in a horse management class or enjoy relaxing treks on your days off. We will discuss and make a plan on your arrival to make sure you get the most from your time with us.
Typical tasks may include:
- Feeding our horses
- Grooming & bathing our horses
- General animal care
- Preparing horses for lessons & tacking up
- Leading horses in lessons and on walk outs
- Schooling/Training our horses (*experienced riders only)
- Poo picking
- Getting involved with projects at the riding centre
- General tasks & maintenance work
- Child care & working with children
- Building & construction
We welcome everyone regardless of age & ability. If you have experience you will be able to get stuck in straight away and there may be the opportunity to ride/school/train our horses during your stay (even more horse time!) You can also go on more advanced trails & take jumping/flat classes in the arena. If you are a total beginner we also welcome you. Working holidays are a great opportunity to learn new horse care skills and improve your riding.
Minimum stay is one week. We can accommodate up to three guests at any one time. We welcome solo travelers, couples and small groups.
The Accommodation –
You will stay at the riding centre in basic accommodation either in a converted ex-military land rover camper or caravan depending on preference & availability.
You will have full use of the facilities. The shared bathroom has a toilet and shower. WiFi is available and you will have access to a washing machine & charging points for phones/laptops etc.
Working Holiday Options & Prices:
|Working Hours per day||Working Days per week||Hours Riding per week||Price per week|
- A packed lunch each working day
(sandwiches, snack bar, juice, fruit)
- Basics eg tea & coffee
- Riding Lessons (Flat/Jumping)
- Trekking (1 hour to 4 hours)
- Day Treks (min 2 people)
- Novice treks
- Stable Management Classes
- Lunge Lessons
- Training from BHS qualified professionals
- Advise & information about the local area & activities
What’s not included
- Transfers to/from the Airport
- Medical/Travel insurance
- Evening meals & food on your days off
- Tapas Trails & Restaurant Rides *extra charge applies