Rural retreat riding holidays
Luxury Self Catering Horse Riding Holidays in Andalusia
Escape the world & relax on a horse riding holiday in the Spanish mountains
On a rural horse riding holiday you will stay in your own private apartment surrounded by beautiful gardens within a luxury complex with its own pool. Rural riding holidays offer the perfect retreat for anyone wanting to get away from it all and simply ride & relax. Full self catering facilities are provided in your apartment so you have the freedom to eat what you want when you want.
Each day you enjoy stunning treks &/or take lessons in our arena with professional instructors.
Combine a luxury holiday with an unforgettable riding experience in the Alpujarras...
We offer a range of riding packages to suit you & aim to make your time with us as enjoyable as possible. We cater for individuals, small groups, couples & families.
Everyone has unique requirements and expectations as to what their perfect horse riding holiday should look like. We offer a bespoke service and highly flexible packages individual to your requirements. We keep trek groups small so you will never find yourself trailing behind an endless line of horses nose to tail. There will never be more than six riders on a trek at any one time, ensuring maximum safety and a personal touch. All abilities are catered for and we will match you with suitable horses based on the information you provide. You may want to focus on improving your riding in the arena or maybe you want to enjoy a series of treks in the mountains. We will listen to you and together we will create your perfect riding holiday.
Massage & reflexology treatments are available on request throughout your stay (extra charge)
You might want to combine your stay with another activity such as yoga, pilates or mountain biking, our Riding Holiday +plus holidays offer a range of other activities you can enjoy while on your riding holiday. Combine horse riding with learning a new skill or focus on self development & fitness. We have a range of activities to combine with your horse riding holiday so you can get the most out of your time with us.
For more information click on Riding Plus holidays here.
Quality Accommodation in a Tranquil Oasis
You will stay in quality self catering apartments each with unique character and Moorish inspired charm. The apartments are set in tropical gardens with a dramatic mountain backdrop.
It truly is an oasis of calm and tranquility and the perfect place to head back to after a morning spent in the saddle.
Within the complex there are three two-bedroom apartments and a one-bedroom apartment. Bed linen and towels are provided, including pool towels. Each apartment has a full kitchen fitted with large fridge/freezer, full oven, microwave, kettle, toaster, juicer, coffee machine cooking utensils, crockery, pots & pans washing liquid etc.
Bathrooms are fitted with a bath/shower, toilet and wash basin. All the apartments have air conditioning, heating and wood burning stoves.
The south facing pool area is surrounded by gorgeous palm, orange and olive trees and wonderful flowers. Around the pool are Balinese style lounging areas & a Moroccan day bed. The summer house hosts an honesty bar and provides seating.
Off-road secure parking is provided within the complex via an electric gate. WiFi is available throughout the accommodation and around the pool. You will be welcomed by your hosts Les & Audrey who can assist you throughout your stay.
Evening Meals are available on request (extra charge). The meals are prepared with produce from the garden and locally sourced ingredients. Frozen home cooked meals you can pop into the microwave in your apartment are also available. If you want to eat out there are some fabulous restaurants in Orgiva.
Each Thursday there is a market in the town where you can buy fresh local produce. Organic vegetables are sold both on the market and in the town. There is a fish shop and a butchers. There is also a selection of heath food shops and a few small supermarkets in Orgiva.
The apartments are a short walk (approximately five to ten minutes) from Pegasus Riding Centre which is located a little further along the same road.
If you don’t want to walk, private car transfers are available on request (extra charge) and will shuttle you back and forth to the riding centre for your rides during your stay.
The riding packages
Holidays starting from just €199
The riding holiday packages include set bundles of riding time. As with all our riding packages they are completely flexible. If you want to ride more we can arrange more riding hours for you, if you want to ride less the itineraries can be adjusted to suit your needs. There are four tiered packages each for three, four and seven night stays. Packages are suited to all abilities and budgets.* We also offer five & six night holidays on request. Minimum stay is three nights.
- Single price is based on one person having sole occupancy of a one bedroom apartment (double bed).
- Couples price is based on two people sharing a one bedroom apartment (double bed).
- Two person group price is based on two people sharing an apartment with two double bedrooms.
- Three person group prices are based on three people sharing a two bedroom apartment (one with a queen size double bed and the other with a twin bedroom with two single beds)
- Family group/x4 is based on four people sharing a two bedroom apartment (one bedroom with a queen size double bed and a twin bedroom with two single beds) . An extra bed can be supplied for groups not wishing to share a bed.
- Extra beds are available on request
our lightest riding package
Ideal for beginners
light/medium riding package
standard riding package
A package for experienced riders who want to spend as much time in the saddle as possible!
Click on the links below for more detailed sample itineraries & prices
|Riding Holiday Packages||3 Night Riding Holiday||4 Night Riding Holiday||7 Night Riding Holiday|
- Bespoke pre- Holiday consultation – we will communicate with you to create your own personal holiday itinerary
- All riding outlined in your chosen package.
- Accommodation in a luxury self catering apartment.
- English &/or Spanish speaking Guides & Instructors.
- Airport transfers (can be arranged for you on request)
- Travel insurance
- Food & Drinks
- Shuttles back & forth from your accommodation to the riding centre for rides outlined in your chosen package (Can be added to your package on request – extra charge)
- Private car shuttles to/from the bus stop or Orgiva town to your accommodation on arrival and departure. (Can be added to your package on request – extra charge)
- Private car shuttle to the local supermarket or to the weekly Thursday market to pick up groceries & supplies. (Can be added to your package on request – extra charge)
- 3 night breaks
- 4 night breaks
- 5 night breaks
- 6 night breaks
- Week Holidays – 7 nights
Prices depend on length of stay, season and chosen package. A rough guide to prices can be found on the package links above. We have used the “Mountain Explorer itinerary” as an example. For more information please email us and we will get back to you with the details and a quote for your chosen package .