Volunteering at Centro Ecuestre Pegaso
You don’t need to have your own horse to be involved in Equestrianism. Volunteering is a great way to get your horse fix without having to fork out. We offer two ways of getting involved.
Read on to find out about the volunteering opprtunities we offer.
We offer volunteer opportunities for teenagers (aged 13+) and adults. If you want to work with horses, spend time in a equestrian environment, gain experience and have fun then volunteering is a great option. You will have the opportunity to learn new horse and stable management skills and learn more about how we care for our horses. There’s always lots to do where horses are involved.We need help with general jobs such as feeding, poo picking, cleaning tack, grooming and helping out in the arena lead reining ponies & children. If you are an experienced & competent rider you will have the opportunity to school/train/exercise our horses in the arena. We also welcome volunteers with non horsey skills such as carpentry & building to get involved in projects at the riding centre.
You will spend time working with our team and meet our horses who are always interested in new volunteers especially if you have a carrot lurking in your pocket!
Volunteers can benefit from free training from experienced staff and will have the opportunity to develop their horsemanship skills. All volunteers get discounted treks and lessons at the riding centre.
- Volunteers helping out 5+ hours a week get a 10% discount on all treks/lessons at Pegasus Riding Centre.
- Regular committed volunteers who volunteer 10+ hours every week will get a free riding lesson or trek at the end of each month or a 50% discount on a trek/lesson at Pegasus Riding Centre each week.
- Volunteers who are looking for an immersive experience, who want to get fully involved at the riding Centre & can commit to 20+ hours a week will get a free riding lesson or trek every week and a half price discount on treks/lessons at Pegasus Riding Centre.
You will need to make a commitment – volunteering needs to be on a regular basis. The minimum commitment we ask for is 5+ hours per week. Because of the training involved, volunteering is ideally aimed at people living locally who are able to help out on a long term regular basis of at least 3 months although we will accept local volunteers with previous horse experience who want to help out on a temporary basis (2 weeks minimum).
Pegasus Riding Centre is located within walking distance from Orgiva town centre & the local bus stops. If you would like to join our team & learn about the work we do then get in touch.h
Work Exchange Programs
Our Volunteer Work Exchange Program gives you the opportunity to experience working with horses, pick up new skills and see how a riding school works from the inside. We provide basic accommodation, food & horse riding in exchange for your help. You can contact us directly via email for more information.
We are looking for:
- Help with the horses
- Help with child care
- Helping in lessons and with groups (kids & adults)
- General maintenance/stable jobs/ building/DIY/fixing fences, etc.
- Cleaning & Domestic chores
- Building & Construction
- Help with digital marketing/promotion such as videos for our social media platforms
Helpers will be involved in the day to day horse care and tasks such as feeding and watering the horses, grooming, cleaning tack, bathing horses, poo picking, tacking up/untacking, and helping with riding lessons throughout the week (mainly lead rein lessons).
Some of the tasks are physically demanding so a good level of fitness and strength is required. Helpers must be flexible in regards to jobs/hours/days etc as things change day-to-day.
A minimum stay of 2 weeks is required.
Max of 3 Volunteers at any one time.
If you want to ride regularly during your stay and have lessons and/or go on treks you may prefer working holidays at Pegasus Riding Centre.